Below are the questions that we are most frequently asked:
- What is the nearest Tube station?
Temple Underground(see our Find Us page).
- What is the Dress code for students and guests for qualifying sessions (term dinners)?
See the Students Dress in Hall Code.
- Dress code for lunch?
Middle Temple operates a dress code in Hall which is business or lounge suits, court dress or smart casual dress. Jeans may be worn if both clean and smart. We will not permit guests who are wearing: trainers, shorts, T-shirts or ripped or dirty clothing.
- What time is lunch in Hall?
Middle Temple Hall is open from 12:30 until 14:00.
- What times of the year is Hall closed for lunch?
We welcome non-members and tour groups for lunch in our stunning Elizabethan Hall on weekdays in legal term time.
- What times do the outside gates close in the evening?
The main pedestrian entrances and exits are: Tudor Street (24 hours); the Embankment on weekdays between 6am and 8pm; Middle Temple Lane into Fleet Street (24 hours) but Fleet Street into Middle Temple Lane 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday. Entrance to the Estates Office is located under the passageway at the back of Carpmael Building.
- What gates are open on the weekend?
Tudor Street gate open from 8:30pm on Friday evening until 06:30 on Monday.
- How do I contact the Events Department?
See our Contact Us page for telephone numbers and email addresses of departments within the Inn.