Following a comprehensive review in 2012, a new governance system and structures were put in place in January 2014 to ensure that:
- There is clarity about our core purposes and direction;
- The Inn's policies and procedures are structured to enable us to achieve our core purposes;
- There is effective and efficient decision-making, with clear lines of accountability; and
- The Inn's financial management is sound and prudent, with appropriate approaches to the identification and management of risk.
The Inn’s Core Purposes
The Inn's core purposes as follows:
- The education and training of students and barristers; and the promotion of diversity and access to the Bar by the provision of financial support to students and all other means.
- The maintenance of the Inn’s estate and its historic heritage; and the provision of professional accommodation for barristers and other services and facilities in support of the Inn’s core purposes.
- The achievement of the highest standards of advocacy in support of the judiciary and the rule of law; the promotion of the ethos of the Bar; and the maintenance of the highest professional standards in the public interest.
The Inn’s Governing Bodies
For information on the Inn's governing bodies, please see the Standing Committees page link
For information on the Officers of the Inn, please see the Officers of the Inn page link