Middle Temple Statement of Values
- Middle Temple aims to be welcoming and make members and guests feel at home.
- We believe in treating our fellow members, staff and visitors with dignity and respect.
- We should always consider how our words and actions may be interpreted by others and be sensitive to their perception and opinions. even if they may differ from our own.
- We believe in equality, irrespective of individual characteristics, including gender, race, religion and belief, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability and social background.
- We believe that a thriving Bar is vital to society.
- To maintain a thriving Bar we consider that we must help attract talented people from all parts of our rich and diverse society.
- We want the membership of Middle Temple to be reflective of society and support proper steps to increase our membership from underrepresented groups.
- We consider that these values support our role in maintaining public confidence in the Rule of Law, in supporting the Bar and an independent judiciary.