The Middle Temple employs a large number of specialist contractors to maintain the buildings, contents and grounds of its historic estate. These companies range in size from one or two people undertaking highly specialist work up to large national organisations employed on large refurbishment projects. Please see the attached list of relevant work categories.
All of our appointed contractors have to go through an approval process and we never engage companies who cold call seeking work. If you wish to be considered for selection onto our approved contractors register and you meet the following key criteria, please complete the Contractors Application Form and return it to the Estates Office together with all requested documents.
- Have a proven track record of consistently producing work to a high standard
- Have been an established business for more than 10 years
- Full compliance with all current H&S legislation.
- Fully audited accounts for the last two years (for works in excess of £25,000)
- Provide contact details for three previous clients who can provide references.
- Provide proof of the following insurance cover
- £5,000,000 Public Liability Insurance
- £10,000,000 Employers Liability Insurance
- £5,000,000 Professional Indemnity Insurance, if applicable (i.e. for contracts including Contractor Design or Performance Specified Work)