World Refugee Day with Ambassador Drahoslav Štefánek
Network for Migration Matters Presents
World Refugee Day with Ambassador Drahoslav Štefánek, the CoE Special Representative on Migration and Refugees
Date & Time:
22 June at 17:00 PM (BST)
We will delve into Ambassador Štefánek’s mandate and the activities of the Council of Europe (CoE) with regard to refugees and migrants, concentrating more on refugees as this conversation is occurring on occasion of world refugee day (20 June).
We will discuss:
- The CoE’s Action Plan on Protecting Vulnerable Persons in the Context of Migration and Asylum in Europe (2021-2025), as well as the lessons that were learned from the previous Action Plan (2017-2019)
- The Special Representative’s recent visit to Turkey, as well as other visits and comments on the situation in CoE member States
- How the CoE member States responded to the COVID-19 pandemic in the context of refugees and migration and what activities his office carried out to support and ensure the safeguarding of the rights of refugees and migrants.
- The Special Representative’s collaboration with UN entities
- Publications and other projects the Special Representative’s office developed.