COVID-19 Safety Precautions in Place at the Inn
Whilst you are visiting the Inn please abide by the following rules which have been implemented to help ensure the safety of all of the Inn’s staff, members and guests.
Arrival at the Inn
- When arriving at or leaving the Inn please ensure that you sign in and out at the Ashley Building front desk so that we know who is on-site at any given time.
- Please wash your hands on arrival at the Inn. If possible wash your hands using soap and water, ensuring that you follow handwashing guidelines (these are displayed by all sinks in the Inn) to ensure thorough cleaning. If you are unable to wash your hands at a sink please ensure that you use hand sanitiser on arrival at the Inn. Hand sanitiser is available at various points throughout the Inn including the front desk of the Ashley Building.
- Please ensure that you remain at least 1.5 meters away from others at all times. This may mean waiting for other people to clear walkways, staircases or lifts before you proceed through the Inn. As a result, it could take slightly longer to travel to your end destination, if you have an appointment to make please allow sufficient time for slower travel around the Inn.
Whilst at the Inn
- In line with current Government regulation, visitors to the Library must now wear masks, and all visitors to the Inn should do so in all public areas. Masks are available from the front desk of the Ashley Building if you do not already own one.
- Please wash your hands before and after eating.
- Please do not share food with or make drinks for others.
- Additional cleaning around the Inn has been scheduled with our cleaning team.
- Hand sanitiser stations have been placed around the Inn, please make use of it and wash your hands regularly.
- To avoid people having to touch door handles, the large double doors leading to the library should remain open during opening hours, a member of the library team will be in close proximity to close the door in case of a fire.
- Unfortunately tea and coffee making facilities will not be available at the Inn during this time. Please bring your own refreshments into the Inn with you from home or a local café/shop.
- No toilets with communal waiting/hand washing areas should be used. Please only use the toilet facilities situated on the lower ground floor of the Ashley Building.
- Anti-bacterial wipes have been placed by shared printers, computers and other shared machinery. Please ensure you wipe down the screens and buttons after you have used them.
Please note: The Inn may need to make staff, member and visitor contact details available to Public Health England’s track and trace system if required (where an individual tests positive for COVID-19). If the Inn does not already hold your contact details you may be asked to provide these when you arrive at the Inn. For more information please see the Inn’s Data Protection information.
Thank you very much for your co-operation.