Legal Research Assistant to Barrister
VACANCY: A civil/commercial barrister is looking for a self-employed legal research assistant to start in early early-August 2021.
The barrister is of 13 years’ call and ranked as a leading junior in offshore work. He specialises in civil, commercial and public law; within those practice areas, a significant proportion of his work is in offshore jurisdictions and in the fields of insolvency, company law, and commercial law.
The role will include: legal and factual research, assisting in document production and administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have completed the BPTC (with at least a Very Competent grade).
- Be familiar with general commercial, insolvency and company law concepts; and with public/constitutional law concepts.
- Be flexible as to working hours.
- Have excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Have excellent research skills, including in particular the productive use of Westlaw and other search tools.
This will be a part-time role, and the hours vary. The research assistant will be self-employed and paid a competitive hourly rate.
To apply, please send a CV and short covering letter (no longer than one page) to his current research assistant, Joseph Sinclair at email@example.com. A recent piece of written work would also be welcome (such as a skeleton argument, opinion, particulars of claim, or other piece of work in which complex is conveyed)
Deadline: 9am Saturday 24 July 2021. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so you are encouraged to apply early. If you do not hear from Joseph by 27 July, assume your application has been unsuccessful.