Skip to main content

Admission application - student applicant

Warning message

You must login to view this form.

Deadline for applications

Inn membership must be secured prior to the start of the vocational component of Bar training. 

Persons wishing to apply for membership must do so at least 12 weeks prior to the start of the vocational component of their training. Where the vocational component is split into two parts membership must be applied for 12 weeks prior to the start of Part 2. 

  • Applications will be processed in the order they are received (providing they are complete and the admission fee has been paid). 
  • If you submit an application after this deadline there is no guarantee that you will be admitted in time to start your course.
  • If an application is still incomplete 6 months after it has been submitted (e.g. amendments were requested by the Inn and not provided) it will be cancelled

To apply to become a student member of Middle Temple:

  1. register for an account on our website. Once you have registered, log in and the admission form will be available below.
  2. fill out the application form
  3. provide certified copies of certain documents, details below
  4. complete the Data Protection and Communication Preferences forms
  5. complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Questionnaire (optional)
  6. pay the admission fee of £115
The Admission fee will increase to £125 in January 2023. This will apply to any applications submitted from 3 January 2023 onwards.

Documents required for your application:

Upload scans of the following documents as you complete the application form:

  • either a letter from your University stating that you are currently studying for a law degree or a certified copy of your undergraduate degree certificate
  • certified copies of degree certificates for any postgraduate degrees that you hold
  • (if applicable) a current student status letter from your CPE/GDL institute stating that you are a student or have a confirmed place or your CPE/GDL certificate if you have graduated
  • (if applicable) a certified copy of your Certificate of Academic Standing, if the Bar Training Regulations require you to have one
  • a certified copy of a form of photographic ID, namely passport, identity card or driving license

We require certified copies of your ID and certificates. Click here for more information on obtaining certified copies.

We reserve the right to request sight of the original or certified copies of your documents in hard copy.