Middle Temple arranges Call ceremonies on four dates every year.
They are held on the second Thursday in March and October and the fourth Thursday in July and November.*
Students can be Called to the Bar once they have successfully completed the Bar Professional Training Course and been credited with 12 Qualifying Sessions. The 12 QS must be completed during a period of no more than five years ending on the date on which that person is Called to the Bar. Attendance at the meal after the Call ceremony can be counted as the 12th and final session. Applications can be submitted before BPTC results have been confirmed, and before all Qualifying Sessions have been completed, but Call to the Bar may only take place when all pre-conditions are met.
Specially Qualified Applicants
Specially Qualified Applicants (Transferring Solicitors, Qualified Lawyers, Legal Academics, etc.) can be Called to the Bar once they have have made a successful application to the Qualifications Committee of the Bar Standards Board for Call to the Bar of England and Wales, completed the Bar Transfer Test if required, and joined the Inn.
Call Ceremonies in 2019
* Due to an increase in student admissions in 2018/19, we are anticipating that the number being Called in 2019 may be higher than previous years. To accommodate this, we are provisionally planning to hold additional Call ceremonies, as indicated with an asterisk.
- Hilary Call - 6pm, Thursday 14 March 2019
- Trinity A Call - 6 pm, Wednesday 24 July 2019*
- Trinity B Call - 1 pm, Thursday 25 July 2019
- Trinity C Call - 6 pm, Thursday 25 July 2019
- Trinity D Call - 6 pm, Thursday 10 October 2019
- Michaelmas A Call - 6 pm, Wednesday 27 November 2019*
- Michaelmas B Call - 1 pm, Thursday 28 November 2019
- Michaelmas C Call - 6 pm, Thursday 28 November 2019
Application for Call
The application form for Hilary Call will be available from this page in January.
The application form for the Trinity and Michaelmas Call will be available from this page in late March.
Please follow the enclosed instructions carefully.