The Hall Committee is holding elections for new members and five places are available on the Committee, to be taken up on 1 January 2021 with a three year term.
The Hall Committee has an important function within the Inn, which is to speak up for the interests of ordinary barristers, whether in self-employed or employed practice. We meet about six times per year, serving as members of the Inn’s four principal Standing Committees and working directly with the Treasurer, Deputy Treasurer and the Inn’s staff. We have a mission to reconnect with groups of members who feel particularly cut off from the life of the Inn and are interested in finding out how we can help the Inn provide services and support for our members. The Committee operates several social and training initiatives including the Mentoring Scheme, Annual Dinner and Ceilidh.
Please consider putting yourself forward for election, particularly if you have previously benefited from the generosity of the Inn in the form of a scholarship or award. If you think that the Inn has little relevance to your working life and could and should be doing something different, this is your opportunity to become involved. We also encourage members from throughout the UK to put themselves forward.
The timetable for the election will be as follows:
- Monday 21 September 2020 - Nominations open
- Sunday 1 November 2020 - Nominations close
- Monday 2 November 2020 - Voting opens. Candidate details and voting instructions published on this page
- Thursday 3 December 2020 - Poll closes at 1pm. Results announced and confirmed at Hall Committee meeting
- Friday 4 December 2020 - Results published on this page
If you would like to be considered for one of these vacancies, please send an email to email@example.com with the required information, stating that you understand and agree to the terms of the election and wish to be considered.
You are required to find a proposer who is a post Call member of Hall (i.e. not a student member or a Bencher). This statement of support must be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the proposer. Alternatively, you can download and return a nomination form.
In order to be eligible for election you must:
- Confirm that you understand and agree to the terms of the election;
- Provide a personal statement not exceeding 100 words; and
- Provide an electronic photograph of yourself in jpeg format.
If you are unable to find a proposer, the Hall Committee will assist you with this. Please contact us using email@example.com
Good luck to all candidates.
Hall Committee - September 2020