If you have been Called to the Bar by the Middle Temple and, having been disbarred or withdrawn your membership, are seeking readmission please download and complete the forms attached to this page:
- Readmission Declaration – this is an edited version of the admission declaration used for first time applicants
- Schedule MT1
- Data protection & marketing consent forms
- Equality and diversity monitoring form (optional)
As the application process is different from that of a standard student applicant, please ensure that you use these forms.
If you were disbarred, or have declared any other matter(s), your application for readmission will be referred to the Inns’ Conduct Committee. Please also provide the following documents.
- Full submission by applicant including their attitude to the matter and, where appropriate, rehabilitation
- Any relevant evidence you wish to provide
- Current CV
- Two character references from independent professionals who know the individual well including a statement that the referee knows the purpose for which the reference is provided (such as to support and application for admission or Call).
- the referee is aware of any matters disclosed which suggest the individual is not a fit and proper person;
- sets out the referee’s evaluation of those matters when reaching the conclusion stated in the reference; and
- the referee is willing to be contacted by the ICC if necessary;
All the above documents can be submitted via email to the address below. References should be emailed directly by your referees to the address below.
The readmission fee is £105. If your application is approved we can arrange payment via credit/debit card over the phone or you can pay by cheque (made out to Middle Temple).
If you require assistance with your application please contact Sally Yorke on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your application further.