The Advocacy and the Vulnerable training programme has been developed to equip all advocates who deal with vulnerable witnesses with the skills to question those witnesses in an appropriate fashion, based on an understanding of the key principles behind it.
Training is delivered by the Inns and Circuits, based on materials which have been prepared by the Inns of Court College of Advocacy. It is anticipated that Advocacy and the Vulnerable training will become mandatory for any advocate wishing to undertake publicly funded work in serious sexual offence cases involving vulnerable witnesses.
The dates for the next sessions are:
- Wednesday 17 October 2018: 17:30 - 21:00 (Fully booked - waiting list option available)
- Tuesday 27 November 2018: 17:30 - 21:00 (Fully booked - waiting list option available)
- Monday 17 December 2018: 17:30 - 21:00 (Fully booked - waiting list option available)
- Thursday 24 January 2019: 17:30 - 21:00
- Thursday 28 February 2019: 17:30 - 21:00 (Fully booked - waiting list option available)
- Thursday 21 March 2019: 17:30 - 21:00
- Wednesday 15 May 2019: 17:30 - 21:00
- Tuesday 25 June 2019: 17:30 - 21:00
- Wednesday 16 October 2019: 17:30 - 21:00
Open to: barristers of all Inns
Course fee: Free
CPD: course attendance equivalent to 3 CPD hours (pre-course preparation equivalent to 8 CPD hours)
The course will take place in the Rutledge Suite which is on the 3rd floor of the Ashley Building on Middle Temple Lane.
Please note that attendance on the course requires a minimum of 8 hours’ advance preparation (reading selected materials and viewing videos) including submission of cross-examination questions one week in advance of the course. Instructions and materials will be sent to you by email in due course after booking.
To book a place, please fill in the application form on the right hand side of this page. For any queries, please contact Jessica Masi at email@example.com.