Dear Hall Member,
The Hall Committee is holding elections for new members and eight places are available on the Committee, to be taken up on 1 January 2020.
The Hall Committee has an important function within the Inn, which is to speak up for the interests of ordinary barristers, whether in self-employed or employed practice. We meet about six times per year, serving as members of the Inn’s four principal Standing Committees and also work directly with the Treasurer, Deputy Treasurer and the Inn’s staff. We also arrange a number of events, such as TempleFest and a Ceildh in November. We have a mission to reconnect with groups of members who feel particularly cut off from the life of the Inn and are interested in finding out how we can help the Inn provide services support for our members.
Please consider putting yourself forward for election, particularly if you have previously benefited from the generosity of the Inn in the form of a scholarship or entrance exhibition. If you think that the Inn has little relevance to your working life and could and should be doing something different, this is your opportunity to become involved.
The timetable for the election will be as follows:
- Monday 21 October 2019 - Nominations open
- Sunday 17 November 2019 - Nominations close
- Monday 18 November 2019 - Candidate details, ballot papers and voting instructions published on Inn’s website
- Monday 9 December 2018 - Poll closes at 5pm
- Wednesday 11 December 2019 - Results announced and confirmed at Hall Committee meeting
- Thursday 12 December 2019 - Results are published on Inn’s website
If you would like to be considered for one of these vacancies, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the required information, stating that you understand and agree to the terms of the election and wish to be considered.
You are required to find a proposer who is a Hall member. This statements of support must be emailed directly to email@example.com by the proposer. Alternatively, you can download and return a nomination form. These forms will also be available from the Treasury Office, Ashley Building.
In order to be eligible for election you must:
- Confirm that you understand and agree to the terms of the election;
- Provide a personal statement not exceeding 100 words;
- Provide an electronic photograph of yourself in jpeg format.
If you are unable to find a proposer, the Hall Committee will assist you with this. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck to those who put themselves forward for election.
All nominations, votes and queries should be sent to Glen Newman at email@example.com or in person at the Treasury Office, Ashley Building.