Do you have views about the way in which barristers should be educated and trained in the future?
The Bar Standards Board has published a consultation on its Future Bar Training (FBT) programme. The consultation as it stands does not include the model developed by Council of the Inns of Court (COIC). For COIC’s position, please click here.
The consultation is considering three possible options for the future of training for the Bar and would like to hear from as wide a range of people as possible about them.
Responses are invited from:
- Students (current law students, BPTC students and anyone interested in a career at the Bar;
- Members of the legal profession: registered and unregistered barristers
- Anyone who works with barristers professionally
- Higher education and training providers
- Consumer organisations
- Organisations which have an interest in promoting equality & diversity and access to the profession.
There are a variety of ways to share your thoughts:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitting a full written response for consideration, either via email or by post to: Hannah Wilce, The Bar Standards Board, 289 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7HZ.
- Attending one of the planned meetings around the country. Details of these events are available here.
The consultation closes on 23 December 2016.